Tuesday, April 29, 2014

You Know You're from West Aurora High School When...

1. Somebody says "the change lady" and you know exactly who they are talking about.

2. You're taking the ACT and someone's phone goes off.

3. Random people in the hallway lunge at you to try to scare you.

4.  Someone moves the drinking fountain spout so that it sprays all over you.

5. You spend a weeks worth of lunch money in two days.

6. You get yelled at for going up the "DOWN ONLY" staircase, but you do it anyway because you're going to be late.

7. If you have ever been run over by Mr. Benberry RIP.

8. You have been hit by a door in the student services hallway.

9. Mr. Bell is your substitute and he spends the entire hour talking about how he can outrun you... the other 15 minutes are spent reading the newspaper.

10. You can use the fight in the math hallway as an excuse for being late to class.

11: If you ever wondered what going to East would be like. East Aurora Kid Hallway Swimming - See they ARE just like us :)

12. Come Junior and Senior year, you realize there is absolutely no reason to dress up for school.

13. When at your own graduation, you have no idea who 45% of the people graduating are.

14. You get a yellow slip from student services and it says, "NOW!" on it.

15. The first time you saw the new police department on Indian Trail you thought, "Wow, that kind of looks like my school..."

16. They take away all the condiments on the last week of school so food fights are not so messy.

17. You're more excited to go to the East vs West game than prom. You might also remember this one time that wheaton kid almost got jumped after the game: West Aurora vs Wheaton North Buzzer Beater

18. You can close your eyes and picture Ms. Proctor running EVERYWHERE right now

19. You graduated right before they made everyone wear their ID around their neck... THANK GOD!

20. If you have ever stuffed toilet paper in this hole for privacy.

21. You remember how weird it was to hear the first group of freshman from 2010 scream their graduating year because it didn't start with a 0... OH EIGHT ;)


22. Hamburger day... need I say more?

23. After all these years you still wear your West Aurora T-shirts to bed because after all, WEST IS BEST :P

Feel free to add in comments

24 comments:

  1. haha mr bell and i was so glad i didnt have to wear my id around my neck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just remembered why I hated going here. suburban kids are weird

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Bell told my whole class that I didn't have any friends and I enjoy watching grass grow for fun....multiple times. I never said anything to him he just enjoyed picking on me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing I wasn't there past 07 I would have hated it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! It's so true. I remember the food fight (my freshman year...so disgusting), and I can remember classmates frequently challenging Mr. Bell to a race. He never accepted. Nice to know that West hasn't changed much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man I remember going into the D wing hallways past the field house after they just build it to go use the bathroom in privacy thinking no one would be there in that section while classes were going on to find a bunch of people smoking weed in the bathroom asking men if I wanna hit it lol then during passing period find Mrs Zimmerman the Spanish teacher walking by saying it spells like weed over here lmao..an almost everyday occurencen i swear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha...5, 6, 7, 9, and 17 though. And Mr. Bell substituting for band class....oh West.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh who could forget them fire ass chicken sandwiches everyone would get that we had or the dominos pizza at lunch and them bosco sticks fireahhh lol...everything else is true statements ^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup I still got my gym shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, I'm class of 2010! It didn't start with "oh" we called our selves "Big Ten"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome...class of 1988.

    ReplyDelete
  13. West was so much fun. But for me it wasn't Benberry, it was Mrs. Krieger.... ah, I'll never forget when she growled at one of my friends from her rascal scooter...

    And who can forget "Coach" Bell... that fat lazy prick. I remember in gym class using the leg press, and having him come over and yell at me to do more weight. I pressed the full stack plus my buddy sat on the sled. I looked at him and kindly asked,"Think you can do better, fatty?" He never bothered me again...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in the class of 2015, and next year we're supposed to have over 4400 students. The school is over populated, the food is crap, the only good department is the Music Department, and the security and cameras make the school more of a dictatorship. Yes Cameras, UNDER STAIRCASES!! Science Department can't teach,Step team is finally becoming integrated, the marching band is close to 300 musicians, and THEY TOOK AWAY THE CHIEF BLACKHAWK FROM ALL THINGS RELATED TO WEST!! Yup no more Blackhawk symbols, just a giant W that makes us look like Superman! There are a lot of good stuff about West, but there is also a lot of bad. Anyways... In the town of Aurora, East will always be East, West is West, but always, West is Best!!! :) GO BLACKHAWKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg i love this!!!! Cant believe west has changed so much :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. 09!! Baby!! Lol any graduating class after that sounds funny even saying their graduating year. ��

    ReplyDelete
  17. i was supposed to go to rosary for my high school, after freshman year i begged my mom to let me go to west because i sure as hell didnt belong at rosary. went there for the next 3 years and havent regretted one day since. because of this school i have an amazing boyfriend who i have been dating going on 2 years, i found my best friend, and discovered my amazing photography ability because of the best teacher, Ms.Martin, who was let go for the WORST reasons and anyone i feel bad for all of the future students that wont have her as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is classic! number 3 and mr.bell, bahahaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lmao!!! Mr. Bell.... to a "T" hahahahahah

    ReplyDelete